This recipe for your little ones (and you!) is from Healthy Little Foodies
- 40g 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 Apples, finely chopped (roughly 0.5cm cubed)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil – can substitute with butter
- 120g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and soak with boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over a medium heat and add one teaspoon of the coconut oil (or butter). Add the chopped apple and cinnamon, reduce the heat, and saute until soft, around 3 mins. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl mix together the egg and milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir. Don’t over mix, a few small and medium lumps are fine.
- Drain the raisins and add to the pancake batter along with the sauteed apples. Stir until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on a medium heat and brush with coconut oil/butter. Add tablespoons of the mixture into the pan.
- When bubbles rise to the surface, flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Repeat until the mixture is finished.